Sunday, January 4, 2009

easy spiced cabernet chocolate molten cakes!


I know...this pic doesn't do justice (my pics always come out too dark & dodgy!!
Yummmm....but these were fantastic!! My dad LOVES chocolate molten cake, so I wanted to make this for dessert tonight for him. This was really easy; I prepared everything before I started cooking dinner & placed the filled souffle dishes in the frig with plastic wrap. Before we were ready for dessert I placed them in the oven for 15 minutes! You should really give these a try if you like molten cake! I got this recipe from McCormick online.

Ingredients:
~4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate (I used approx. 1 cup Ghirardelli semi-sweet choco chips melted)
~1/2 c. (1 stick) butter; melted
~1 tbsp. Cabernet Sauvignon or other red wine
~1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
~1 c. confectioners sugar
~2 eggs
~1 egg yolk
~6 tbsp. flour
~1/4 tsp. McCormick Cinnamon Saigon
~1/4 tsp. McCormick Ginger, ground
~1/8 tsp. McCormick Cloves, ground (optional)

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Butter (I used the PAM butter spray) 4 - (6 ounce) custard cups, ramikins, or souffle dishes. Place on baking sheet.

Microwave chocolate & butter until melted. Whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in wine, vanilla, and confectioners sugar until well blended. Whisk in eggs & yolk. Stir in remaining ingredients including flour. Pour batter evenly into prepared cups.

Bake 13-15 minutes until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 minue. Carefully loosen edges with small knife. Invert cakes onto serving plates. Sprinkl with additional confectioners sugar. Serve immediately.
(we served ours with french vanilla ice cream;)

*Make ahead*: The chocolate mixture can be prepared ahead of time; up to 10 hours. Pour the batter into prepared custard cups; cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate. Bring to room temp for 30 minutes before baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment