I definitely had to document this recipe!!! This was so good, and I don't have a pic because we lost our camera :( So that is why I haven't been taking any photos the last few posts!!
You should really try this, we had it with asparagus...I know pretty lazy Sunday dinner! Thank god my neighbor came over to give Chad a hamburger they were grilling...I on the other hand, filled up on this yummy mac & cheese ;)
Makes 4 servings:
- 2 c. elbow macaroni, uncooked (I used the Barilla Wheat medium shells)
- 3 tbsp. butter (I used Light butter)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk
- 3 c. shredded American cheese (I used 2 jars of Old English, and 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese)
- 1 tbsp. buttered bread crumbs (I omitted, and did not put in oven)
Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain. In large saucepan, melt butter. Add onion cook until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper. Blend in milk. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese; stir until melted. Combine macaroni and cheese mixture. Mix well. Pour into buttered 2 quart casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs. Bake in a 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly about 30 minutes.