Wednesday, July 1, 2009

spaghetti pasta salad


Yummmmmm! Always a favorite in our house! My mom and Chad's mom make a version of this...so this is how it got passed down. I usually make it with Rotini noodles, but thought I would try this for something different...I also mix it up by using different Italian dressing flavors, enjoy!

ingredients:

~1 box of rotini or tri-colored rotini (I used the new Barilla whole wheat spaghetti noodles) They are really good!!

~small bottle of Italian dressing of your taste (I like making the 4 Season zesty italian...this time I used Kraft Tuscan Italian with parmesan) I would also try the Kraft greek dressing with Parmesan, super yummy!

~1/2 bottle of McCormick salad supreme seasoning

~1 small onion, chopped

~1 green pepper, chopped

~1/2 carton of cherry tomatoes, chopped

Cook noodles according to package, I always cook them al dente so they are not mushy ~ this is another reason to try whole wheat or Barilla Plus pasta ;) Drain noodles, and rinse with cold water - set aside.

Cut all veggies into bite-size pieces.

Add pasta to large bowl, and throw in cut veggies in with the pasta.

Add 1/2 of the dressing and 1/2 of the seasoning...combine well. Add the rest of the seasoning and more of the Italian dressing. I keep tasting it to make sure I don't put to much of both...you might only need 3/4 of the dressing. Adjust to taste, refrigerate first if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment