Monday, October 12, 2009

White Chicken Lasagna


I got this recipe off of Lindsay's blog....it looked & sounded fantastic!! I also halved the recipe & used an 8x8 glass baking dish.

ingredients:
~3 cloves fresh garlic, minced

~1 shallot, minced
~3 tbsp butter (I used light butter)
~4 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
~2 cans cream of chicken soup (I used healthy request)
~1- 8oz. package cream cheese (I used 1/3 reduced fat)
~2 cups sour cream (I used light)
~2/3 cup milk (I forgot to add!)
~1 lb. lasagna noodles, cooked & rinse in cold water (I used Barilla no-bake)
~1 lb. mozzarella cheese, grated (I used a combo of fresh grated Parmesan & Mozzerella)

directions:
1. In a large sauce pan, over medium heat, brown shallots & garlic in butter. Add cream cheese, cream soup, sour cream & milk. Stir until cream cheese is melted. Add chicken.2. In a 9x13 glass baking dish layer noodles, white sauce with chicken, then cheese. Repeat steps, ending with mozzarella cheese on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

1 comment: