Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crock Pot Sweet & Sour Chicken

Gotta love crock pot recipes!! This actual recipe I have made in the oven as well here and it is sooo good, so I thought this was an easier version...yummm, and took no time at all to prepare! I served over hot cooked brown rice, enjoy!

ingredients:
~2 tbsp Ketchup
~1 cup water (I used chicken broth)
~1/2 cup white vinegar
~1 tbsp soy sauce
~1 cup brown sugar packed
~1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts Boneless skinless, cubed! (I used frozen chicken breasts & shredded them before adding the cornstarch mixture)
~2 tbsp. Cornstarch
~2 tbsp water

Combine first 5 ingredients in the crock and mix up. Add chicken and cook on low for 6-8 hours OR on high for 3-4 hours.

Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into slow cooker. Cook on high setting for about 15-20 min. stirring often, until thickened. Serves 6 Serve over rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment