Wednesday, April 1, 2009

chicken + broccoli asiago stuffed shells


I found this recipe when I googled chicken + broccoli. Chad had been complaining of heartburn from all the tomato & onion I have been cooking with lately...oops, :( I sort of messed up the recipe because I started cooking at about 8pm after the gym, and I was starving! So I wasn't paying attn...I accidently added ALL of the cheese sauce to the broccoli & chicken mixture instead of seperating it...so next time I will remember that ;)

ingredients:
~2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed (I cooked first)
~2 cups chicken, shredded (I boiled & placed in food processor with broccoli)
~1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (I used the Kraft reduced fat)
~1/4 cup six cheese Italian cheese
~21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked and drained
~Asiago Cheese Sauce (recipe below)

In a large bowl, combine the 1 cup cheese sauce, broccoli, chicken and cheeses. Spoon into pasta shells.

Pour a layer of cheese sauce in a 13X9 inch baking dish, lay stuffed pasta on top. Top with rest of cheese cause. Top with shredded italian cheese.

Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Top with parmesan cheese, and serve ;)

Asiago Cream Sauce:
~2 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided (I used fat free 1/2 & 1/2)
~1/4 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled (I used 1 tsp. granules)
~3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
~1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
~2 tablespoons butter (I used light)

~parsley flakes

In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups cream + butter to a simmer, stirring often. Whisk in bouillon and cheese until well blended and bouillon has dissolved completely. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water, and whisk into mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes more, add remaining 1/4 cup cream and parsley flakes. Heat through.

No comments:

Post a Comment