Monday, April 13, 2009

dijon chicken

WOW this was soooo good! I had some chicken, and my mom gave me a Taste of Home magazine this past weekend with this recipe in it...We had all the ingredients already, so I thought I would give this a try. The sauce is a little tangy, and went perfect with the white rice ;)

ingredients:
~1/3 c. prepared Ranch salad dressing (I used Hidden Valley light ranch)
~1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
~2 boneless skinless breasts (or 4 thin sliced)
~2 tbsp. light butter or margerine
~3 tbsp. white wine or chicken broth
~Hot cooked pasta or white rice (I used basmati rice & substituted chicken broth for the water)

In a small bowl combine the ranch dressing & the dijon mustard; mix & set aside.
In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove chicken & keep warm (I cut in strips after it had been cooked)

Add wine to skillet; cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Whisk in mustard mixture; cook & stir until heated thru. I added the chicken strips back to the pan & mixed all together with the sauce. Serve over rice or pasta; sprinkle with reduced fat parmesan cheese if desired ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love Taste of Home magazine! That recipe looks great and easy too!

    ReplyDelete