Wednesday, March 3, 2010

roasted potatoes with herbs

Are you kidding me??!! These were freaking amazing...I don't know how I ever lived without roasted veggies! I can seriously live on these now, they are the best potatoes I have ever had!! Love how they used all these herbs...and they cooked up to perfection, my DH loved them too! Making these again soon, and next time I will roast asparagus! Recipe adapted from all recipes.

Ingredients:

serves 4

(I cut down to serve 2, so 1/4 tsp of each herb, 1 1/2 tsp. of jarred garlic, 2 potatoes, and 1 tbsp of evoo is perfect)
  • ~1/8 cup olive oil
  • ~1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • ~1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
  • ~1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • ~1/2 teaspoon salt
  • ~4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed (I used red potatoes and did not peel)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees F (245 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine oil, garlic, basil, marjoram, dill weed, thyme, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, and salt. Stir in potatoes until evenly coated. Place potatoes in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet.
  3. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment