Sunday, March 14, 2010

Alfredo Chicken Pizza

This was soooo good. I made this last Friday and I bought the 50% less fat Ragu Parmesan Alfredo. So much better than the pizza recipes I have made so far. Use only the amount of sauce they tell you, you might need less - you don't want the pizza to come out soggy. I got this recipe from my new magazine "Dinners for Less"....it has some really good recipes that I will be making soon!
Adapted from Dinners for Less Magazine.

ingredients:
~1 12-inch Italian bread shell (I used wheat pizza dough)
~1/2 of a 10oz container of refrigerated Alfredo pasta sauce (about 2/3 c.)
~1/2 tsp. dried italian seasoning
~8 oz. shredded mozarella or shredded pizza cheese (I used 2% mozzarella)
~1 1/2 c. cooked chopped chicken
~Desired toppings, such as thinly sliced onion, sliced tomato, and or crushed red pepper

Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place bread shell on ungreased baking sheet. In a bowl combine Alfredo Sauce & italian seasoning. Spread over bread shell or pizza dough.
Sprinkle sauce with half the cheese, Top with chicken. Sprinkle with remaining cheese & add toppings of your choice. (I topped with red onion, tomatoes, & crushed red pepper.
Bake about 10-15 minutes until heated thru and cheese is melted.
Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment