Monday, February 16, 2009

oatmeal, cranberry + white chocolate chip cookies


OMG these are my new FAV cookies!! I love oatmeal cookies, my dad has always made them for us growing up. They are my absolute favorite cookie in the world! My friend Jenni at work, brought me in one of these cookies she made...and I knew I had to make them. Yummmmmm ;) the oatmeal cookie recipe is from under the lid of the quaker oatmeal canister, and cranberries & white chocolate chips are substituted for the raisins.

makes 4 dozen cookies

ingredients:
~1/2 lb. (2 sticks) margarine or butter; softened
~1 c. firmly packed brown sugar
~1/2 c. granulated sugar
~2 eggs
~1 tsp. vanilla
~1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
~1 tsp. baking soda
~1 tsp. cinnamon
~1/2 tsp. salt; optional (I omitted)
~3 c. quaker oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
~1 c. white chocolate chips
~1/2 c. craisins (ocean spray dried cranberries)

pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

beat together the sugars & margarine until creamy. add eggs & vanilla; beat well. combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt (if desired) in a seperate bowl; mix well. add flour mixture; mix well. stir in oats; mix well. stir in craisins & white chocolate chips; mix well.

drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to wire rack. enjoy, these are the best right out of the oven!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. It's also good if you put dried cranberries, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts in the tollhouse chocolate chip cookie batter :)

    ReplyDelete