Tuesday, December 8, 2009

crock pot creamy chicken & potato soup


It's that time of year again to enjoy the crock pot!! With us being so busy lately, I am really trying to cook with the crock pot more...I love these recipes that just combine a bunch of things, but they come out tasting sooooo good! There is enough for lunch today and dinner tonight too ;) I combined 2 different recipes for this soup, enjoy!

ingredients:
~4 chicken breasts (I use frozen)
~1 1/4 c. chicken stock (depending on how thick you want the soup)
~1 can cream of chicken soup
~8oz. low fat cream cheese
~1 tsp. salt
~1 tsp. pepper
~1 tsp. poultry seasoning (I use Frankenmuth chicken seasoning)
~1 small white onion, chopped
~1 green pepper, cut into rings
~4 carrots or baby carrots, chopped (I omitted)
~12-15 small red potatoes, cut into quarters

Directions:
Coat bottom of crock pot with cooking spray. Cut veggies and add carrots to bottom if using. Place chicken on top, and add remainging veggies. Beat together chicken stock, soup, and cream cheese and pour over top. Add seasonings.
Cook on Low for 5-6 hours. Shred chicken with forks before serving!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! I love this! The recipe, you and your style!

    ReplyDelete