Thursday, December 31, 2009

Crockpot Chicken Lemon Rice Soup


This was so good & super easy!! I have a love affair with Chicken Lemon Rice Soup...or anything with lemon & chicken in it ;) I found this recipe & altered it a little to make a soup consistency & it worked out perfect. For leftovers, just add a little chicken broth to make the broth thinner while you are warming it up. Enjoy ;)

ingredients:
~1 cup long grain converted white rice
~1 small onion, diced (you can add celery too)
~2 Tbsp. olive oil
~8 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
~1/2 cup dry white wine
~1/2 cup chicken broth
~1 cup fresh lemon juice (I added a little cooking Sherry as well)
~1 dash Tabasco sauce
~1/3 c. milk
~6 boneless chicken breasts
~salt and pepper to taste (I added 1 tsp. of pepper & lemon pepper)
Put first 9 ingredients in slow cooker. Stir. Place chicken breasts on top. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low 5-6 hours.
Serves 6.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats ! you got a nice blog, I hope you have time to visit my world www.yepeeh.co.cc ,I invited a few selected people to visit my world and you are one of them,,once again
    Congrats.

    ReplyDelete