Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Best Ginger Snaps EVER!!!


Merry Christmas week everyone!! I hope you all are having a great time off & enjoying your families ;) It has been a crazy last couple of weeks, and I have to admit that I am really not proud that there is absolutely NO ornaments on our Christmas tree yet! I have had no motivation to put them up....especially since our puppy Chloe will try to eat them! She will be 5 months old already this week! Anyway, I will have the next couple of days off and I will hope to blog some more recipes...especially for New Year's Eve, when we will have some people over to reveal our updated basement!! (which is why our house is a little torn up right now)

Well we had our annual Christmas cookie party on Sunday with my mom & aunts...I made Ginger Snaps & Peanut Butter kisses....mmmm I think I ate all the ginger snaps myself when I got home with my huge container of cookies!! Enjoy - Pictures to come!

I doubled this recipe to make approx. 100 cookies

ingredients:
~1 cup sugar
~¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
~1 egg
~¼ cup molasses
~2 cups unsifted flour
~2 teaspoons soda
~½ teaspoon salt
~½ teaspoon cinnamon
~¼ teaspoon ground cloves
~¼ teaspoon ground ginger

Preheat oven to 375°. Cream sugar and butter. Beat in egg and molasses. Stir in remaining ingredients until well mixed. If desired, chill dough for easier handling. Shape dough into 1 inch balls; roll balls in sugar. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until edges are set. Makes about 48 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment