Thursday, October 23, 2008

CREAM CHICKEN




This recipe has been passed down from my Grandmother. It is super easy & really good! This was my first recipe I perfected while I lived on my own...and I am happy to pass it on to you!

Ingredients:
~9.75 oz. Can of Swanson White Premium Chunk Chicken Breast in Water
~4 tbl. Wondra Flour (Baking isle, it is great for making quick gravies & sauces)
~2 cups of Milk (I use Non-Fat)
~4 tbl. Butter or Margarine (I use "I can't believe it's not Butter")
~1 tsp. Pepper
~1/4 tsp. Salt (I omit & use the chicken seasoning)
~1-2 tsp. Chicken Seasoning (I use Frankenmuth Chicken Seasoning!)
~1-2 tsp. Chicken Bullion to taste
~Egg Noodles (I use Healthy Harvest Wheat Egg noodles)

To make the White Sauce, you can follow the steps on the back of the Wondra Flour can:

In saucepan combine all the ingredients (except the can of Chicken). Heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir a minute, then add the can of chicken including the broth and leave simmer. I simmer for about 20 minutes, so the chicken is heated thru.

While the White Sauce is simmering prepare the egg noodles.
Serve over warm egg noodles, wheat toast or any kind of noodles you wish!

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment