Monday, October 27, 2008

GARLIC CHICKEN STIR FRY


I found this recipe on cooks.com, and modified it to our liking...
I usually make a stir fry once a week for us...Chad and I love chicken & garlic, so I decided to do this tonight & use my stir frying skills!

Ingredients:
~1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cubed (I use Tyson thin sliced chicken breasts)
~4-6 garlic cloves, minced (I looove fresh garlic, I used 6 cloves!)
~4-6 baby carrots, sliced thin
~1 small red bell pepper
~2 green onions
~2 cup broccoli (I steamed & used as side dish, with parmesan cheese)
~1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. white cooking wine
~2 tbsp. water
~4 tsp. lite soy sauce
~2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
~2 tsp. cornstarch
~1/2 tsp. white pepper
~white cheddar for garnish (I use grated Black Diamond aged white cheddar) We use this on top of all our stir fry's...yummy!
~1 cup cooked rice (I use Basmati white rice)

Over medium heat: in oil, stir fry garlic for 15 seconds. Add chicken cubes, & stir fry for approx 5 minutes or until nearly done. Add 2 tbsp. of wine & carrots/red peppers & stir for about a minute. Add broccoli if you wish at this step, I added the green onion. Stir in wine mixture. Stir fry 1 minute or until thick & bubbly, stirring constantly. Serve over hot rice or noodles!

Wine Mixture:
Combine 1/4 cup wine, water, soy sauce, cornstarch & white pepper.

mmmm delish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment