Saturday, October 25, 2008

OMG POT ROAST


OMG! I love anything that I can cook in our Crock Pot...so I have done a lot of these Pot Roasts & they come out quite fabulous ;) Especially b/c I work 10 hour days, I throw it all together in the morning before work...so all I have to do when I get home is make the side dishes!

I only had pearl onions to add to the Roast this morning, but it was still really yummy! I served the roast with garlic mash potatoes & corn. The roast just melts in your mouth it is so tender!

Ingredients:
~1 2-3 lb. English Roast/Beef Chuck Pot Roast
~Mixture of your fav veggies (I use a ½ bag of baby carrots)
~2 small onions chopped (I use a ½ bag of Birdseye pearl onions from freezer section)
~3/4 cup water
~1 tbsp. of Worcestershire sauce (I always add a little more to the roast)
~1 tsp. instant beef bouillon granules
~1 tsp. dried basil crushed
~1/4 tsp. salt

For the Gravy:
~1/2 cup water
~1/4 cup all-purpose flour
~pepper to taste
~beef bouillon to taste

Trim fat from meat. Coat bottom of Crock Pot with non-stick cooking spray & add veggies to bottom of pot. Cut Roast to fit if needed, and place over veggies. Combine the 3/4 cups of water, Worcestershire sauce, bouillon granules, basil, and salt in a small bowl. Pour over meat & add to crock pot. Add a few more dashes of Worcestershire sauce over meat. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 10-12 hours, or on high-heat setting for 5-6 hours.

Before you are ready to serve, prepare the gravy. Measure juices from the crock pot. If necessary add enough water to make 1 1/2 cups. Set aside. In small bowl combine the 1/2 of water to the 1/4 cup flour mixture & add a little pepper to taste. Stir flour mixture into juices and place in saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened & bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add more beef bouillon to taste if needed. Serve gravy over roast, veggies & potatoes!







1 comment: