Thursday, January 22, 2009

crock pot chicken delish

yes....I am ALL about the crock pot this week! Evenings are going to be pretty hectic now, so I really only have time for crockpot & simple recipes. I get home at about 6:15pm every night, and then I have an appt with my trainer M-W-F at 6:30pm! Chad also has flag football games on Thursday nights now, so this crock pot meal worked out fantastic last night! All I did was cook the egg noodles when I got home, and we were out the door by 7pm for his game.

Ingredients:
~1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used the thin sliced, frozen)
~10 oz. can of cream of broccoli & cheese soup (I used healthy request 98% fat free)
~10 oz. can of cream of chicken soup (I used healthy request 98% fat free)
~1 tsp. chicken seasoning (I used a tsp of my Frankenmuth c. seasoning)
~1/2 c. white cooking wine
~black pepper
~egg noddles (I used Healthy Harvest wheat egg noodles)

Coat bottom of crockpot with non-stick cooking spray (I like the olive oil flavor). Place frozen chicken at bottom of crockpot; sprinkle chicken with pepper & add chicken seasoning.

Pour both soup cans + cooking wine into small saucepan & cook over med heat until heated thru. Pour of chicken.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I set for 6 hours & it automatically turns onto warm until we are ready to heat. Chicken cooks a lot faster in the crockpot ;) Serve hot over egg noodles or any other kind of noodles you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment