Monday, January 19, 2009

crock pot chicken salsa


YUMMMMM, one of my fav crock pot recipes to date! I got this recipe from Lauren's food is love blog. This is soooo good wrapped in a tortilla, and it is healthy too! This only took me seriously 2 minutes to throw in the crock pot this morning before work!
Ingredients:
~4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (I use 4 tyson thin sliced - frozen)
~1 cup salsa
~1 pkg. taco seasoning (I use the less sodium mild pkg)
~1 can of cream of chicken soup (I use healthy request); you can also use cream of mushroom too, but we have never tried it b/c we dont like mushrooms!
~1/2 c. sour cream (I use light)
~tortillas or rice (I like the Archer Farms wheat tortillas from Target)
Coat bottom of crock pot with non-stick spray. Place frozen chicken on bottom, and cover chicken with taco seasoning packet. In a small bowl, combine the salsa & can of soup. Mix well and pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours; (I usually put mine on the timer for 6 hours & then it automatically puts it on warm until we are ready to eat).
When ready to eat, add sour cream and mix well; shredding chicken as you stir with fork. Serve over warm tortillas with any toppings you wish , I just like them how they are...but I am sure shredded cheese would be good with this;)

No comments:

Post a Comment