Monday, January 26, 2009

crock pot orange chicken


Another crock pot recipe for the beginning of another busy week ;) This sounded really good, and I had bought all the ingredients awhile ago to prepare. I have never been that big of a fan of orange chicken...so I thought I would try this out. This recipe is also from my Busy Woman's cook book. I added toasted sesame seeds & green onion to this. If I make this again...I will add some chopped tomato, onions, and green peppers to the mixture!

Ingredients:
~6 boneless chicken breasts (I used 4 thin sliced frozen)
~1 packet dry onion soup mix
~1 (6 oz) can frozen orange juice concentrate; thawed
~1/2 c. water
~2 tbsp. sesame seeds; toasted
~1 green onion; chopped
Coat bottom of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Add frozen chicken to bottom; combine frozen OJ, water & soup packet in small bowl. Pour over chicken.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours. I cook on low for 6 hours & set to warm until ready to eat.
When ready to eat, prepare rice. Meanwhile toast the 2 tbsp of sesame seeds over med-high heat in skillet. Toast until fragrant & brown (approx 3-4 minutes). Stir in toasted sesame seeds to crock pot & serve over hot cooked rice. Add green onion to top ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment