Tuesday, March 3, 2009

balsamic chicken


I love balsamic vinegar & garlic...so this sounded perfect!! I got this recipe off of senora espanola's website, so I can't take the credit. I served the chicken & sauce over hot cooked basmati white rice. It was delish!!

ingredients:
~1/2 cup chicken broth (I used reduced sodium)
~1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
~2 teaspoons honey
~1 tablespoon butter (I used light)
~1 tablespoon vegetable oil (I used evoo)
~4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I used thin sliced)
~1/4 teaspoon salt (I omitted)
~1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
~1/4 cup all-purpose flour
~5 garlic cloves

Combine broth, vinegar, and honey in small bowl.

Pound chicken to 1/4-1/2 inch thick and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over low heat. Place flour in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off excess flour.

Increase heat to medium-high; heat 2 minutes or until the butter turns golden brown. Add chicken to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.

Remove chicken from pan; keep warm in oven.

Add garlic, and sauté 30 seconds. Add the broth mixture, scraping to loosen browned bits. Bring to a boil, and cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 3 minutes). Serve sauce over chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment