Saturday, March 21, 2009

mmm chili mac


Yummm!! The name "Chili Mac" derived from my mom...I LOVE her homemade spaghetti sauce, and then she started making the sauce with little elbow macaroni & added cumin & chili powder. The sauce is thicker & could be eaten alone like chili...mmmmm, so good! I made this in the crockpot, super easy!

makes approx 4 servings

ingredients:
~1 lb. ground turkey or ground lean beef (I used ground turkey)
~1 pkg. McCormick chili seasoning mix
~1 garlic clove; minced
~1 small onion; chopped (if desired)
~1 large 24oz. can of diced tomatoes (I used one with italian seasonings)
~1 4oz. can of tomato sauce (add another if you want the sauce more thin)
~elbow macaroni (I used barilla plus)

Brown ground turkey in pan with chopped onion & garlic. Drain excess liquid, and add chili seasoning packet; mix well.

Coat crockpot with cooking spray & add ground turkey mixture. Pour sauce over top, and mix well. Cook on low for 4 hours or warm for 8 hours. I left mine on for 10 hours on warm. I just clicked it to low when I was making the macaroni.

Serve over macaroni;, enjoy;)

If you want more of a chili, add a can of beans or follow the directions on the back of the McCormick package.

No comments:

Post a Comment