Friday, March 27, 2009

penne a la jen!

So...I have been seeing the PW recipe going around "penne a la betsey", and I really wanted to make it...but didnt have all the ingredients. I was gong to the Piston's game at the last minute, so I whipped this up for Chad before I left with a salad....OMG, this was SUPER good & easy!! I LOVE PASTA!!!!

ingredients:
~2 c. uncooked whole wheat penne
~1/4 c. low sodium chicken broth (add a little more if sauce becomes too thick)
~8 oz. fat free or 1/3 less fat cream cheese; cubed
~1 c. tomato sauce (I used Barilla spicy cabernet marinara)
~1 tsp. garlic; minced or jarred
~grated or shredded parmesan

Cook penne according to package.

Heat skillet over medium heat with chicken broth. Wait until the broth boils, and add the garlic (I used jarred b/c I was in a hurry!); cook aprox 2 minutes. Add cubed cream cheese and stir until melted & combined. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated thru.

Add cooked penne to sauce, and toss for a few minutes until heated thru. Serve with shredded parmesan. Yummmm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment