Tuesday, March 3, 2009

buffalo chicken 'crack' dip


I stole this fabulous recipe from shelly, loves to nom. Chad and I had it at a party & I immediately knew I had to make this very soon...it is SOOOO good!! I could of had this for dinner at my mom's party alone ;)

ingredients:
~16 oz . cream cheese, softened (I used 1/3 less fat)
~1 1/2 c. Frank's buffalo sauce
~1 c. Ranch dressing (I used Hidden Valley light)
~4 c. cooked, shredded chicken (I used 4 thin sliced, and baked them for 40 minutes on 350 degrees in oven; then shredded with fork before placing in crock pot)
~1 c. shredded colby jack or cheddar cheese (I used colby & taco cheese)

Place all ingredients in a crock pot after baking & shredding chicken. Put on low for approx. 1 hour. I wish I would of had a smaller crock pot but it still worked out great! I ended up transferring all the dip to a serving platter...it does taste better kept warm though ;)

I also heard people boil the chicken breasts first & shred instead of baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment