Saturday, March 14, 2009

salmon with almond crumb crust


I had to make Chad fish for Friday, and he loves salmon. I wanted to try a new way to bake it, and I also bought Panko bread crumbs to finally try out!! I found this recipe on CD Kitchen website. I also made a white wine butter sauce to go with the salmon & hot cooked white rice.

ingredients:
~3 tbsp. bread crumbs (I used Panko bread crumbs)
~2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
~1 tbsp. finely chopped almonds
~1 tsp. dried italian seasoning
~1 dash salt
~1/8 tsp. pepper
~1 egg white, for dredging
~1 1/2 pd. salmon fillets, cut into serving pieces

Preheat oven to 425 degrees & spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.

Dredge fish in egg white, then into combined bread crumbs, parsley, almonds & seasonings.

Bake 10-20 minutes until flakes with a fork. **I cooked it for 20 minutes, and Chad said he probably would have cooked it longer, for about 25 minutes** Again, I dont eat salmon so I have no idea how long it should cook for.

No comments:

Post a Comment