Monday, December 8, 2008

CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP


I am always in the mood for chicken noodle soup ;) I got this recipe from one of my co-workers & knottie friends, Amanda! This is great because you can just leave it simmering all day while at work! Thanks Amanda! Yummmm this was SOOOO good!!

Ingredients:
~4-6 chicken breasts, or a small whole chicken (I used frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts)
~4-6 cups water
~2- 12oz chicken broth cans
~1 teaspoon seasoned salt (I used my Frankenmuth chicken seasoning)
~1 teaspoon salt (I used chicken bouillon granules)
~1/4 teaspoon pepper
~1 small onion chopped
~1 carrot, chopped
~2 stalks celery chopped (I omitted because we dont like)
~1/4 cup parsley, chopped (I used less dried)
~1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
~1 bay leaf
~6 ounces noodles (I used 1 bag of Farmer's homemade egg noodles)

Preparation:
Place all ingredients except noodles in crock-pot. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours.

Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot. Take meat from bones, leaving in big chunks (don't want to shred it too much). Return to broth.
Add noodles before serving! (I also like parmesan cheese on mine!)

No comments:

Post a Comment