Sunday, November 9, 2008

CHICKEN FAJITAS & MEXICAN DIP


My sister was staying over on Friday night, and she requested my Chicken Fajitas for dinner! They are honestly super simple, but everyone loves them! I also made the fabulous cheese dip, that originated at family parties...it is the same recipe foodislove has on her blog, but I started using fat free cream cheese, 98% fat free Turkey chili & 2% taco cheese! So now I dont feel so guilty making it all the time ;)

Ingredients:
~1lb chicken breasts (I used Tyson thin chicken breasts)
~2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
~2 garlic cloves, minced
~1 med onion
~1 green & red bell pepper
~2 tbsp. Teriyaki sauce (I use low sodium)
~shredded taco cheese (I use 2% milk taco cheese)
~sour cream (I use light)
~salsa
~tortillas or taco shells (I use Mission low carb, or wheat tortillas)

Cut chicken into strips. Heat a frying pan with the evoo & minced garlic over med. heat; saute garlic for approx 15 seconds, add chicken & cook each side thru for approx 4 minutes on each side until browned.

Meanwhile, cut the onion & peppers; and place in another large frying pan in evoo. Add teryaki sauce to taste. Saute the veggies on medium heat until onions are clear. When chicken is done, add the chicken & left over garlic & oil to the veggies. Let cook for another few minutes. Serve with warm tortillas & toppings! Yummmy!

The Dip:
~1 8oz. package of cream cheese softened (I used fat free)
~1 can of Hormel Chili (I used the 98% fat free Turkey Chili w/o beans)
~1 cup of shredded taco cheese (I used Kraft 2% milk taco cheese)
~tortilla chips (We like the Tostito's Wheat Multi-grain tortilla chips) highly recommend!!

Spread the cream cheese on the bottom of a microwave safe dish (glass pie plate); spread the chili over the top, & cook in microwave until bubbling (approx 2 1/2 minutes). Add shredded cheese & place in microwave until cheese is melted.
Serve hot with tortilla chips, Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment