Friday, November 14, 2008

EASY CHICKEN POT PIE

I was in the mood for a chicken pot pie...not sure why...but I thought it was a good idea, since I never made one before!! My mom has a super simple recipe, but I sort of combined a few different ones for this!

Ingredients:
~2 cup frozen veggies; thawed (I used corn, potato, carrots & celery)
~1 can cream of chicken, mushroom soup, cheese (I used healthy request cream of chicken)
~1 chicken breast cooked or can chicken (I used large can of Swanson)
~1 tsp. chicken seasoning to taste (I used frankenmuth chicken seasoning)
~1 cup bisquick (I used reduced fat)
~1/2 cup milk (I used non-fat)
~1 egg
~3 tbsp. melted butter
~1/4 tsp. pepper (I used a little more & added garlic salt too)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine veggies, soup, can of chicken, seasonings, and melted butter in bowl; mix well. (I had to defrost the veggies in the microwave for a few minutes) Place the mixture in a lightly greased glass 9" pan. Mix together the bisquick, egg, & milk in a seperate bowl; pour over veggie mixture in pan. Cook for approx. 30 minutes or until top is browned.
**I actually think this would have been better if I used a pre-made pie dough & put it into a pie plate; added the filling above & added the dough to the top too...the bisquick was a little spongy on top. My mom makes hers with the pre-made pie crust & uses a can of 'Veg All' with the can of Swanson chicken...you could always try that too!




No comments:

Post a Comment