Wednesday, November 12, 2008

PEPPER STEAK


I am so excited that I finally got to make this dish! My mom made this for us growing up...and I just love it! It is so good, and even if you dont like steak you could always make a veggie version of this dish! I love the peppers w/ the sauce & rice....mmmmmm! I can't wait to call my mom, and let her know it came out just like hers ;) You will love this, I just know it!

Ingredients:
~1lb sirloin steak or top round; thinly sliced about 1/8" thick, cut into 2 inch strips
~2 green bell peppers; cut into thin strips
~1 yellow onion; cut into bite sized pieces
~1 cup bean sprouts
~2 cups beef bouillon
~1/4 cup vegetable oil
~1/2 tsp. ground ginger
~1 tsp. garlic powder or salt
~1 tbsp. granulated sugar
~2 tbsp. cornstarch
~4 tbsp. soy sauce (I used low sodium)
~1 cup uncooked rice (I used Basmati rice, & substituted beef bouillon for the water)

Heat oil in large skillet until very hot. Add meat and stir-fry until nicely browned (dont worry about cooking all the way thru). Add the onion, water, garlic salt, and ginger. Bring mixture to a boil, cover & cook for about 5 minutes. Add the bell peppers & sprouts, cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the peppers are tender.

Combine the sugar, corn starch, and soy sauce in a bowl & wisk together until well combined. Add this mixture to the meat and pepper mixture and bring to a boil. Continue to cook, uncovered, until the sauce thickens.

Serve over steamed rice!



No comments:

Post a Comment