Monday, November 3, 2008

ROASTED CHICKEN TENDERS



I found this recipe on Eating Well, while I was looking for healthy chicken recipes. It sounded good, and I had all the stuff to make it in the house (even better!) I served it with chicken & broccoli rice...it was seriously delish!

Ingredients:
~1 lb chicken tenders (I used Tyson thinly sliced chicken breasts)
~1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
~3 tbsp. lemon juice
~2 tbsp. finely chopped garlic (I usually use fresh, but I used jar garlic tonight instead)
~2 tbsp. finely chopped oregano (I used 1 tsp. of dried)
~2 tbsp. finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers (I omited & used 1/2 red bell pepper)
~2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
~1/2 tsp. salt
~1 red, yellow, orange bell pepper (I used green pepper)
~1/2 medium onion

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Whisk lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, jalapenos if using (I also thought of adding artichokes), oil & salt in bowl & coat bottom of 9x13 inch glass baking dish. Spread half the mixture on bottom of pan & add chicken pieces on top; pour rest of mixture over top & coat pieces. Add the bell pepper & onion; toss to coat (I made sure some veggies were under chicken pieces too). Make sure the mixture is spread evenly in pan. (I also drizzled extra virgin olive oil & balsamic vinegar over pieces at this step); cover pan with foil. Bake until the chicken is cooked through & no longer pink in the middle (approx 30 minutes).

I suggest eating over the Lipton Chicken & Broccoli rice...It was fantastic! I also served with a side of mixed green salad w/ sun dried tomato feta!



No comments:

Post a Comment