Saturday, November 1, 2008

CROCK POT CHICKEN CACCIATORE


Yet another recipe for the crock pot! You will see a lot of these coming thru in the future ;)
Again, DH and I love chicken so we cook with it very often! I already had all the ingredients in our kitchen for this so it was really easy!

Ingredients:
~Approx 3 chicken breasts (I used frozen med size)
~2 onions, sliced thin
~1 can of chopped tomatoes
~1 8oz. can tomato sauce
~1 tsp. salt
~1/4 tsp. pepper
~1 - 2 tsp. crushed oregano
~1/2 tsp. basil
~1 (40z.) can mushrooms (I omited & used red & green bell pepper)
~1/4 cup cooking white wine
~Spaghetti noodles or rice (I used Barilla PLUS, thin spaghetti noodles)

Spread chopped onion slices on bottom of crock pot (I used those slow cooker liners & tried them out tonight, they worked great!) Place frozen chicken breasts over top of onions. Mix together everything but the cans of tomatoes & tomato sauce & pour over chicken. Add all the tomato ingredients & cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. I cooked these on HIGH for about 5 hours. If you use unfrozen cut up chicken breasts, cookoking time can be reduced.

Serve over spahetti or rice!


No comments:

Post a Comment