Sunday, November 23, 2008

CROCK POT GARLIC BROWN SUGAR CHICKEN


Again....LOVE.our.Crock.Pot...can't get enough of it!! I am always looking for new recipes to use with it, so I came upon this from recipezaar and I couldn't pass it up! Simply our favorite ingredients ever, garlic & chicken + the crock pot! This is super yummy & makes the house smell amazing while it's cooking all day!!

Ingredients:
~1lb chicken breasts
(I used 3 medium; frozen)
~1 cup packed brown sugar
(I reduced to 3/4 cup)
~2/3 cup vinegar (
I used red wine vinegar)
~1/4 cup Sprite or 7-Up soda (I used Sprite Zero)
~2 tbsp. garlic; minced

~2 tbsp. soy sauce (I used low sodium)

~1 tsp.
regular black or cayenne pepper (I used 1/2 tsp. of each)
~1 small onion; chopped if desired
~1 green pepper or tomato; chopped if desired

Coat bottom & sides of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in crock pot over chopped onions. Mix all remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6 hours.
Serve over rice or noodles with a side salad.


(We ate over Barilla Plus thin spaghetti noodles)

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment