Wednesday, November 19, 2008

FAB CHICKEN DIVAN

I was craving chicken divan...it just sounded so good! My mom used to make this for us growing up. I absolutely despise broccoli, but I make dishes with it because Chad loves it. Not my favorite thing in the world, but I loved it in this dish! It's perfect, and very mourish tasting!

Ingredients:
~1 small bag of frozen broccoli; steamed
~2 cups of shredded or cubed chicken, cooked
~2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans of condensed cream of mushroom soup (I used low sodium c. of chicken)
~1 cup mayonnaise (I used light)
~1 cup sour cream (I used light)
~1 cup grated sharp cheddar
~1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
~1 tsp. curry powder (I didn't have so I used Paprika)
~salt & pepper to taste
~1/2 cup dry white cooking wine
~1/2 cup grated parmesan
~1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
~2 tbsp. butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Steam broccoli according to package; drain & place on bottom of greased casserole dish (I used 9" square). Add shredded or diced chicken on top of broccoli.
In medium bowl combine the soup, mayonnaise, sour cream, cheddar, lemon juice, curry powder, salt & pepper to taste & wine. Whisk together to make the sauce. Pour the sauce over the broccoli & chicken. Pat down evenly & spread with spatula. Combine the parmesan, bread crumbs & melted butter; sprinkle over the top of sauce.
Bake for approx. 40 minutes in oven or until top is browned; enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment